Emergency management protects communities and organizations by coordinating and integrating all activities necessary to build, sustain, and improve the capability to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, and recover from threatened or actual natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or man-made disasters. As an EH&S professional, developing an emergency response plan may now be your responsibility. This self-paced professional development course will teach you the fundamentals of emergency management, discuss emergency response plan development, explain the Incident Command System (ICS), and provide the framework to establish/conduct simulated exercises.
0.4 CEUs available for those who complete the course. Eligible for CM, COC, CMP credits (hours, points,etc.). Learn more
On-Demand Training Modules
Slide-based instructional videos guide you through the learning objectives for each course.
Interactive Activities and Assessments
Test what you learned by answering quiz questions, completing short assignments, or completing a fun activity.
Easily access On-Demand modules when it convenient for you. Pick up where you left off.
Q&A forums allow you to ask the instructor questions and get feedback on assignments.
Eligible for CEUs and/or CM, COC, and CMP credit.
Emergency Management Self-Paced PDC Details
This self-paced course is designed to provide EH&S professionals with basic knowledge of emergency management planning and development, communication, and best practices and methods to use.
- Videos and other learning aids are provided for self-paced learning. Course activities may include but are not limited to practice activities, multiple-choice quizzes, and small group activities. These activities are designed to engage participants and to assist in the retention of presented information.
- Access to all course activities and materials are available for 45 days from the paid registration date through the Bowen EHS® Member Center.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Describe the process of emergency management.
- Define roles and responsibilities for an Emergency Response Team
- Identify the major reasons to conduct exercises
- List and explain steps required to successfully design an exercise
- Describe the key roles and responsibilities of the Incident Command System
This course contains 4 hours of instruction. 0.4 CEUs are offered for this course.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, Bowen Learning Network offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
Eligible for BGC CM hours, BCSP COC points, IHMM CMP credit, and more.
For more details on certification and recertification credit, please visit How many points/credits/hours is a course worth?
Notices and Requirements
Bowen EHS may have a proprietary interest in the products, instruments, devices, services or materials discussed in this course.
Participants must complete the following items to receive a Certificate of Completion:
- View all videos and complete all activities.
- Complete the course evaluation.
No certificate will be awarded to participants who do not meet the above completion requirements.