BGC and BCSP Codes of Ethics (Part 1)
The Board for Global EHS Credentialing (BGC) and the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) require that Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIHs), Associate Safety Professionals (ASPs), and Certified Safety Professionals (CSPs) follow their professional codes of ethics. Aspiring certificants study the codes and be prepared to respond to questions about them on the certification exams. Current certificants must follow the codes during everyday practice in the workplace. Why are ethics important to the certification boards? How can certificants carry the codes into their professional lives? We will answer these questions as we go through the Codes of Ethics for both boards and then review several ethical situations you may encounter as an OESH professional.
Ethics in the Age of COVID (Part 2)
Beginning in early 2020, the planet faced a challenge of a scale not seen since the 1918 influenza pandemic. SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, has and continues to change the way in which people work, organizations function, and safety professionals work to keep people safe. In response to this new challenge, safety professionals are being asked increasingly to be involved in tasks they have not previously been responsible for, some of which may have ethical impacts. This webinar will provide a brief overview of ethics as well as a discussion on some of the ethical implications affecting safety professionals and industrial hygienists as they work to support employee and public safety in the Age of COVID.
0.2 CEUs available for those who complete the course. Eligible for contact hours through the BGC, BCSP, IHMM, and other OESH certifying agencies. Learn more
On-Demand Training Modules
Slide-based presentations guide you through the learning objectives for each course.
Interactive Activities and Assessments
Test what you learned by answering quiz questions, completing short assignments, or completing a fun activity.
Easily access On-Demand modules when it convenient for you. Pick up where you left off.
Eligible for CEUs and/or CM, COC, and CMP credit.
PURCHASE $79 - 6-Months Access
Ethics Collection Details
This self-paced webinar collection is designed to provide OEHS professionals with training on required ethical behaviors expected in the workplace.
- Videos and other learning aids are provided for self-paced learning. Course activities may include but are not limited to practice activities, multiple-choice quizzes, and small group activities. These activities are designed to engage participants and to assist in the retention of presented information.
- Access to all course activities and materials are available for 6 months from the paid registration date through the Bowen EHS® Member Center.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- List the BGC and BCSP Code of Ethics
- Explain why consistent ethics standards are important to OESH professionals
- Apply the BGC and BCSP codes of ethics in situations that may be encountered by OESH professionals in the field
- Compare the differences between ethics and morality
- Identify three ethical issues safety professionals might face related to COVID-19
- Apply ethics concepts to safety decision-making needed to respond to COVID-19
This course contains 2 hours of instruction. 0.2 CEUs are offered for this course.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, Bowen Learning Network offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
Eligible for contact hours through the BGC, BCSP, IHMM, and other OESH certifying agencies.
Eligible for Ethics contact hours toward CIH application.
For more details on certification and recertification credit, please visit How many points/credits/hours is a course worth?
Notices and Requirements
Bowen EHS may have a proprietary interest in the products, instruments, devices, services or materials discussed in this course.
Participants must complete the following items to receive a Certificate of Completion:
- View all videos and complete all activities.
- Complete the course evaluation.
No certificate will be awarded to participants who do not meet the above completion requirements.
PURCHASE $79 - 6-Months Access