The construction environment includes unique work hazards not often encountered in other industries. At times, safety professionals may be called upon to consult on a site-specific project, facility expansion, or large renovation project. The ability to recognize safety and health hazards in the construction industry and the knowledge to control those hazards is important to safety professionals. This course will provide an overview of construction safety, review site-specific safety plans, and safety and health hazards in construction.
0.4 CEUs available for those who complete the course. Eligible for contact hours through the BGC, BCSP, IHMM, and other OESH certifying agencies. Learn more
On-Demand Training Modules
Slide-based instructional videos guide you through the learning objectives for each course.
Interactive Activities and Assessments
Test what you learned by answering quiz questions, completing short assignments, or completing a fun activity.
Easily access On-Demand modules when it convenient for you. Pick up where you left off.
Q&A forums allow you to ask the instructor questions and get feedback on assignments.
Eligible for CEUs and Contact Hours.
Construction Safety Self-Paced PDC Details
This self-paced course is designed to provide EHS professionals with basic knowledge of hazards specific to the construction industry and knowledge to control those hazards.
- Videos and other learning aids are provided for self-paced learning. Course activities may include but are not limited to practice activities, multiple-choice quizzes, and small group activities. These activities are designed to engage participants and assist in the retention of presented information.
- Access to all course activities and materials is available for one (1) year from the paid registration date through the Bowen EHS® Learning Center.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Compare and contrast construction to maintenance.
- List three common training courses relevant to construction safety professionals.
- Identify the key components of a job hazard analysis.
- Describe two health hazards present in the construction environment.
- Describe two safety hazards in the construction environment.
This course contains 4.0 hours of instruction. 0.4 CEUs are offered for this course.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, Bowen Learning Network offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
Eligible for contact hours with the BGC, BCSP, IHMM, and other OESH certifying agencies.
For more details on certification and recertification credit, please visit How many points/credits/hours is a course worth?
Notices and Requirements
Participants must complete the following items to receive a Certificate of Completion:
- View all videos and complete all activities.
- Complete the course evaluation.
No certificate will be awarded to participants who do not meet the above completion requirements.
Bowen EHS may have a proprietary interest in the products, instruments, devices, services or materials discussed in this course.