Safety in the Renewable Bio-Economy
Oct 19, 2016
The renewable bio-economy is growing in the US. With growth comes new safety challenges and learning. This webinar briefly introduces five renewable biofuel/power sectors: ethanol, biodiesel, renewable diesel, biogas and biomass pellets. Process overviews, production trends and reported safety incidents are presented along with some takeaways.
This webinar is a 1 hour lecture and 30 minutes of Q&A.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Name at least three renewable fuels made in the US
- Describe the scale for these renewable fuels relative to the US fuel infrastructure
- Draw the process flow for these renewable fuels
- Recall that renewables are growing quickly
- Explain why quick growing industries using hazardous materials have safety risks
See how the Virtual Classroom works:
Pricing and Access
Premium Members: Access now
A Bowen EHS® Premium Membership is required to attend/view webinars. Course participants who have Premium Member access are considered Premium Members. See your course information for details.