- Comprehensive. This course covers both content and test taking strategies for the certification exam offered by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
- Small, interactive classes. We want you to be able to participate with our instructors.
- In person. Our instructors create a learning environment where you get personal attention and have opportunities to ask questions.
- Recordings. Review the class topics after you go home - as many times as you want. (available online for 1 year from class start date.)
- Practice time. Apply what you learn to problems in class and nightly homework. Feedback and solutions given during the following session.
- Excellent instructors. Our certified instructors have experience in this field and in teaching.
- Lunch. We provide it so you can focus on studying.
- Individual tutoring. Our instructors will work with you to make arrangements.
- Exam approved calculator included. We train you how to use it to minimize stress when you sit for your exam.
- Premium Membership. One year access to our forums, study question library, podcasts and more. Learn more>>
- Guaranteed success. We guarantee you will pass your certification exam.
- Support beyond the course. We answer your questions and help with your studies after the course ends. Our goal is to help you succeed.
- Course notebook with a hard copy of all lectures provided at the beginning of the course.
- Lunch unless specified otherwise in the workshop listing. (See Dates and Registration.)
- An exam-approved TI-30XS Multiview™ calculator. All in-class work will be done with this calculator.
- Recorded lectures to download and review after the workshop.
- An online final exam and solutions - self administered after the workshop.
This course qualifies for 2.8 CEUs through The University of Iowa's Heartland Center for Occupational Health and Safety.
Our courses meet the requirements for ABIH contact hours during the application process and for recertification.
Our courses also meet the requirements for BCSP recertification points.
Our philosophy on exam preparation is to be sure our clients understand the fundamental issues in each subject. The exam is tough. Participants prepared to answer the fundamental questions can devote more time to the advanced questions on each subject. Individual experience provides the knowledge to answer more advanced questions.
International courses may add an extra day due to cultural and/or language adjustments.
Below are the topics covered during this workshop:
- Risk Assessment & Insurance Liability
- Safety Management & EHS Training
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Physics & Engineering
- Chemistry & Toxicology
- Industrial Hygiene
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Radiation & Thermal Stressors
- Fire Protection & Electrical Safety
- Process Equipment Safety
- Work Environments & Emergency Preparedness
- System Safety
- Final Review
After the Workshop
- Submit all homework assignments (administered online through the Bowen EHSSM Member Center).
- Final exam (administered online through the Bowen EHSSM Member Center).
Participants will complete a comprehensive review course consisting of relevant topics found on the Safety Fundamentals and Comprehensive Practice exams administered by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP). Participants successfully completing the ASP/CSP Exam Workshop should be able to achieve a score of 70% or higher on the Bowen EHS final exam administered at the end of the workshop.
In addition to achieving a score of 70% or higher on the Bowen EHS final exam, participants of this ASP/CSP workshop should expect to be able to pass the Safety Fundamentals and/or Comprehensive Practice exams administered by the BCSP provided they sit for the exam(s) within 1 year of completing this course.
Successful completion of a BCSP exam is not required to receive a certificate of completion.
Participants will benefit the most from this class if they have:
- completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in a physical science, engineering, or health and safety program, and
- at least 4 years professional experience in the health and safety field.
The Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) requires candidates to have completed at least a 2-year degree in Safety or a 4-year degree in any subject from an accredited institution. For more information, see BCSP Application Guidelines.
To receive a Certificate of Completion for this course, participants are required to complete the following list of items within 30 days after the course end date:
- Score 70% or higher on all homework assignments
- Score 70% or higher on the Bowen EHS final exam
Participants who do not meet all of the above completion requirements will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Dates and Pricing
Click on a course below to see fees, details, and to register.
Classes typically meet from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday with a one hour break for lunch which is provided.
Reference Package - Optional
We offer an optional reference package for our exam course participants at a discounted cost of $495.00. (Note: clients outside the United States will be responsible for paying all shipping and tariff costs. Contact us for estimates.)
- Safety and Health for Engineers by Roger L. Brauer
- Occupational Safety Calculations: A Professional Reference by James H. Stewart et. al.
- CSPprep V7.0 by DataChem Software
Safety and Health for Engineers by Roger L. Brauer
A great basic text covering most safety topics. Dr. Brauer spent many years as the executive director of the BCSP. If you thoroughly study this book, you should do well on both the ASP and CSP exams. I highly recommend this book.
Occupational Safety Calculations: A Professional Reference by James H. Stewart et. al.
A spiral bound book describing every equation on the previous exam formula sheet handout. Edited by faculty at the Harvard School of Public Health. A quick reference to review specific formulas.
CSPprep V7.0 by DataChem Software
An interactive sample question database. Over 2200 sample questions for the CSP exam offered by the BCSP. Practice for the exam by subject or have the computer randomly select problems. You can also set up practice exams to test yourself. Solutions are provided for each question.
We GUARANTEE the success of our exam preparation courses.
Our goal is for you to pass your exam(s), and we stand behind that.
If you meet the conditions below and do not pass your exam, you may do the following at no cost:
Workshop (in-person) courses: You may join an online review course that covers the same list of topics.
Online review courses: You may repeat the same online review course.
- You must complete the course.
- You must take the exam within 12 months of course end date.
- You must mail a copy of your exam results notification to Bowen EHSSM within 30 days of receiving the results.
- A comparable course must be offered and space available for you to join.
Support continues well beyond the course. We continue to answer questions and help with your studies beyond the completion of the course. Our goal is to help you succeed.
Bowen Learning Network, Inc. earns a profit on materials sold through our online bookstore. Some of these materials may be discussed during our courses.
Russell Bowen, President of Bowen Learning Network, Inc. and Bowen EHS, LLC owns a small number of shares in a publicly traded safety equipment manufacturer. This company may be discussed during our courses.