With a little over a month left before the August 1st deadline for individuals to submit their completed applications to sit for the Certified Industrial Hygienist® Fall Exam, the staff at the American Board of Industrial Hygiene® (ABIH®) encourages those interested in pursuing CIH® certification to send their paperwork.
ABIH® is working diligently to ensure that all applications are received and processed for those planning to take the Fall Exam. The exam period runs from October 1st through November 30th, which is the last opportunity in 2016 to take the CIH® Exam. The following information must be received by August 1st to be considered for eligibility to sit for the exam:
- Application forms, detailed description of work experience, and fees
- Official College or University Degree Transcripts (International Degrees may require extra steps), sent directly from the institution to ABIH
- Documentation of two hours of Ethics training
- Academic and Continuing Education Coursework sheet documenting IH-related courses, and Continuing Education documentation (certificates, education and/or employee transcripts, including training duration)
- Professional Reference Questionnaires, sent by references directly to ABIH
Once all the documentation has been received and processed, Applicants will be notified if they are now approved Candidates for the Fall Exam. Candidates are then encouraged to pay the exam fees and begin scheduling their exam appointment through Prometric Testing Centers. Prometric has testing facilities that are available worldwide, but exam slots can fill up fast. This is especially true at the end of the testing window.
“Those looking to advance their careers by pursuing the Certified Industrial Hygienist® certification have just over 4 weeks to get completed applications submitted,” said Susan Ripple, CIH® and Chair of ABIH®. “For those who cannot make the August 1st deadline, the deadline to submit completed applications for the 2017 Spring Exam is February 1st.”
You can read more about the CIH® certification process and application deadlines in the June 29, 2016 ABIH press release.